smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Movie Tuesday

Didn't go to any movies in the theatre over the last couple of weeks, but did get to four on the little screen in that time.

John Wick
Hercules
Divergent
The Giver

Now, I watched John Wick because I was in the mood for something brainless and actiony and you know, Keanu Reeves is easy on the eyes. I was not expecting much. It's funny how one's expectations affect a movie. I have gone to highly anticipated movies and been disappointed because the movie didn't live up to my expectations, and just the opposite has also happened. This movie was better than I was expecting. Oh, it was the violent shoot-em up fest that I was expecting, but some thought had gone into story-line, there was a touch of humor now and then and while it was by no means a great movie, I was not disappointed.

Hercules -- the Dwayne Johnson one. I liked this one for a couple of reasons. First, they took a slightly different look at the Hercules legend -- where he isn't the son of a God so much as an amazing fighter with just as amazing friends who made him look good. Secondly, Dwayne Johnson's Hercules reminded me a lot of Kevin Sorbo's Hercules in the television show that was on... oh, ages ago. On top of that, this movie felt like it was written in the same vein as the show as well, with that edge of humor that I like.

I'd been wanting to see Divergent for ages and I liked it a lot. It was just the kind of dystopian post-apocalyptic future that I enjoy reading/watching. I shall definitely be checking out the next movies in the series.

The last movie was The Giver. This was one of those that I liked well-enough, but I thought it could have been more than it was. I can't exactly pinpoint why I wasn't totally satisfied with it, but there was just... I don't know, I just feel it could have been better than it was.

All in all, four movies that kept me engaged all the way through and entertained me.


Sean
smut fixes everything

2 comments:

  1. We didn't see John Wick bec I was afraid of the whole "killing his family" thing - that is a thing that happened right? Family or Girlfriend?

    I'd really like to see Hercules - I'm a huge fan of The Rock :D

    Did you read the Divergent series or The Giver? Read both, only seen Divergent, have not seen The Giver - have heard mixed reviews from ppl that read the book. Really enjoyed Divergent and am looking forward to Insurgent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His wife actually dies from cancer and she's arranged for him to have this puppy to take care of and love because she knows he needs that and it's the puppy that they kill (off-screen thank god!)

      I have not read any of the books, so I don't know how the movies compare to them.

      Delete