smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Movie Tuesday

I saw two movies at the theatre this week. Minions and Antman.

OMG Minions. I loved this movie. I really did. I loved Kevin and Stuart and Bob. I loved Bob's Teddy Tim and his new rat friend. I loved the way they spoke. I loved "Buddies!" and how awesome is it that they're cry of celebration was "Kum-ba-ya!" but with the emphasis on the not usual syllable?

The story was good silly fun. The minions were good silly fun. It is a most enjoyable way to spend a couple of hours.

And the last preview we saw was for The Secret Life of Pets by the same people who'd done Minions and I have to say that it had me laughing out loud as well and I'm looking forward to it next year.

Minions was in 3D, which I do enjoy, although it always takes me a couple of minutes at the beginning to get used to it - there's always a moment or three of disorientation right after I stick them on.

Antman on the other hand was at the IMAX and it takes me several moments more to get used to the ultra 3D with those. Once I do, though, I love the IMAX experience.

I enjoyed this movie a lot. I loved the humor mixed in with the action -- that's always a plus for me. It was fun having it set in the Avengers universe too. I don't know why I didn't realize it would be - perhaps because I knew I was going to see it and so avoided the trailers for it like the plague. I do not like spoilers and if I know I'm going to a movie, I don't see any point in watching the previews. Oh, sure, if it's one I don't know about, the trailers can definitely hook me, but even then I find they just go on for far too long and tell too much of the story.

Anyway. that didn't happen with Antman because I had not seen the trailers so I was basically unspoiled.

The storyline worked, I liked the parallels between the two fathers with their daughters. There were lots of characters who had shades. The most black and white character was the villain and even he had a backstory for why he was doing what he was doing.

I loved the use of the ants in this movie as well. They totally rocked and I was almost as fond of Antony as Antman himself was.

I recommend both movies for an entertaining couple of hours.

Sean
smut fixes everything

1 comment:

  1. We saw the Minions as well, SO MUCH FUN! And I agree 100% about the preview The Secret Life of Pets!

    Antman is still on our list, have not had a chance to see it yet. Still haven't seen Terminator either. I hate moving LOL.

    Cannot wait to get caught up on some of these movies!

    Also, LOVE the new background!

    ReplyDelete