smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Movie Tuesday

Star Wars: The Force Awakens comes out on Blu-Ray today and I'm looking forward to seeing it again. I have a hankering to re-watch the entire saga.

Speaking of re-watching, I'm halfway through a re-watch of the Lord of the Rings movies. Literally halfway -- watched the first one and the first disk of the second one. Luckily, as I've seen this one, I can stop for a bit in between. I've seen the movies a number of times, but it's always fun to watch again. There's a lot to love about them and I find myself anticipating scenes and phrases that have become... a part of the vocabulary. One does not simply walk into Mordor... *grins*

That reminds me of the first time I saw Casablanca. It was back in the late 80s and I got to see it on the big screen. Concordia University had a film class every semester where they showed the movies they studied every Wednesday for free if you were a student, two bucks if you weren't. It was a double feature and each semester was a different theme so the movies were always different.

So one year they were doing a bunch of black and white classics and I got to go to Casablanca. What a neat experience. There is so very much in that movie that is a total cliche now, so many lines that are a part of our consciousness. But this is the movie where all those lines come from. When this movie first came out, it was all new, original. It was absolutely fascinating.

One year they had Science Fiction movies and I got to see Silent Running for the first time and I totally loved it. (Same night they showed 2001, which I didn't like at all. Hopefully I won't have to turn in my sci-fi fan card for admitting that).

Another year was Australian and Peter Weir moves (and this was before I actually went to Oz, but I knew I wanted to so these movies totally increased my desire to go). The Man From Snowy River, and Gallipoli are the two that stand out for me, along with The Year of Living Dangerously. I already loved Peter Weir thanks to Witness and Dead Poets Society, Gallipoli and The Year of Living Dangeously sealed the deal for me.

Next Tuesday I'll be in Vegas for RT, but I will be watching a movie - Cinema Craptastique is Tuesday evening where we will be watching Abduction and making fun of it via tweets!


Sean
smut fixes everything

1 comment:

  1. OOoh we should do a rewatch of the LOTR as well...

    I love Casablanca - so much. *sigh*

    (2001 didn't make ANY sense at all...not even with the supposed sequel that was supposed to answer all the questions...jmho)

    *whispers* I actually enjoyed Abduction (runs away and hides*

    ReplyDelete