smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Movie Tuesday

Went to a movie on the weekend. Central Intelligence with Dwayne The Rock Johnson and Kevin Hart.

Their tag line is "A little Hart and a big Johnson" so how could I resist this movie?

The movie had action, humor, and a few aww moments. The bad guys get theirs and the good guys triumph. It dealt with subjects like bullying and being able to live in the now and appreciate what you have and who you are.

My favorite thing about the movie was that Bob's favorite movie was Sixteen Candles. And the little homage to the end of that movie at the end of this one was completely adorable. Plus, the rock in a unicorn t-shirt and rocking a fanny pack the entire movie? What more could you ask for?

Dwayne Johnson does a wonderful job of humor and action together and I totally enjoyed his character in this one.

I recommend it as a fun, light movie with a positive message and that left you with a feel good feeling at the end. And I hope the Blu-Ray/DVD release has a ton more bloopers, because the minute or so of them that they ran at the end of the movie had us all rolling in the aisles and I can just imagine that they had a blast filming the movie.

I also had a chance to watch Pitch Perfect on TV (so yes there were ads and possibly cuts) at any rate, it was a much cuter movie than I had expected and I liked it more than I'd anticipated. Funnily enough, another John Hughes movie is celebrated in this one - The Breakfast Club this time. And again the ending is referenced as one character thinks that the song at the end is the most perfect movie ending song ever.

It's just a really neat bit of serendipity there between the two movies I saw and the references in them to 80s teen dramas and the endings of those at that.

Happy Tuesday all.

Sean
smut fixes everything

1 comment:

  1. OOOH now I REALLY want to see Central Intelligence! ( I wanted to before because of The Rock but now your review makes me want to even more! - I also loved Sixteen Candles LOl)

    And Pitch Perfect was just fun, yanno?

    ReplyDelete