smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Crockpot Lasagne Recipe

Most of my favorite recipes are either family favorites, or come from BA Tortuga. I got this one from BA well over 10 years ago now and it's my favorite lasagne ever.

Crockpot Lasagne

1 lb. ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
29-oz. can tomato sauce
1 c. water
6-oz. tomato paste
2 t. salt
2 t. oregano
8 oz pkg lasagna noodles, uncooked
4 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
1 1/2 c. small-curd cottage cheese
1/2 c. grate parmesan

Cook beef, onion and garlic until browned. Drain. Stir in tomato sauce, water, paste, salt and oregano. Mix. Mix your cheese and break your lasagna noodles up a bit. Layer sauce/noodles/cheese, beginning and ending with the sauce.

Cook on low 5-6 hours. 


That's the basic recipe and it is yummy. Over the years I've done a little doctoring. My new crockpot is slightly bigger than the old one and works best if I go about 1.5 times in the recipe. Although I halve the salt - only putting in 1t for the bigger recipe, and I only put in the 2t oregano. I add another 1-2 of 'italian spices'. I also make sure I put two layers of noodles in each noodle layer because otherwise there aren't enough noodles (and this from someone who thinks most lasagne's are too noodle-heavy.)

It is extremely yummy and my favorite. I also find it a little less lengthy to put together.

Enjoy!

Sean
smut fixes everything

1 comment:

  1. Oooh I love lasagne but have only made it once or twice because it's SO LABOR intensive...but I think I could do this...gonna have to try it :D Thanks!

    ReplyDelete